Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 10: Tea Kettle Village


Another day in the clinic- another day helping those in need. Although things felt extremely slow today we served more than 70 patients. The cook from the resort we're staying and the pharmacist from the local pharmacia all rode with us to the site today. They were both able to apply their own skills to help make things run more efficiently. It worked out very well too because Hanna stayed back today not feeling well and Beth stayed with her.



I'm gonna keep this short, but I'll throw down some highlights really fast. We saw a giant hairy tarrantula today which was pretty exciting. You would never believe how big their fangs are.

Steph O and I also got out and did some home visits. Along the way we accumulated a parade of children who followed us from house to house. I quickly discovered that in Belize they have Agates. Anybody that knows me knows that I love agates. I couldn't keep my head out of the dirt. Everywhere we go now I'm looking, digging, and prying rocks from the ground. We accumulated quite a collection and got the other kids in the village got pretty excited about the special rocks too.




The rain is still falling... not as much as yesterday, but it still makes things difficult. We're hoping for things to get a bit drier tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM , Blogger sfetters said...

Sounds like a truely amazing adventure you've been on! Keep on keepin on and stay safe. Can't wait till you get back. Miss ya and love you, don't be too crazy! Sheila

 
At January 15, 2009 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

I am so proud of you and all those with you. I am really enjoying seeing your experience through the eyes of your camera and your stories....what an incredible experience!! Love you,
jenna and the boys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home